Trust and Grants Manager
|Contract:||Part-time – 21 hours per week (by agreement)|
|Salary:||£25,500 to £30,200 pro-rata, dependent on experience|
|Location:||Options to be based in Ross-on-Wye or work from home in the same region, or in the south east|
|Closing:||Sunday 6 January 2019|
|Interviews:||Thursday 17 January 2019|
We act because everyone relies on the ocean to survive - from the air we breathe to the food we eat. We have ambitious plans to drive political, cultural and social change for healthy seas and coasts that support abundant marine wildlife, sustain livelihoods and provide enjoyment for all.
To make these plans happen we need to grow our income from existing and new partnerships – if you’re a successful and motivated Trust & Grants Fundraising Manager, you can play a key part in the continuation of this important work with MCS.
This is an ideal role for someone with the aptitude for business development and account management in a not-for-profit or commercial setting, expertly nurturing our important relationships with charitable trusts and foundations. Alongside the Head of Fundraising, you will have the opportunity to input your ideas for creatively developing and implementing our Trusts and Grants fundraising strategy, and then get to be hands-on in writing compelling funding applications for existing and new grant donors. Demonstrating the highest levels of customer service, you will also manage our valuable relationships with our current grant givers and identify new trusts and foundations in order to grow our income.
As a self-starter, you’ll be confident in your ability to take a proactive approach when managing a varied and busy workload.
- Detailed and practical understanding of trust and grants fundraising – you might also have a professional qualification in fundraising
- Proven track record of fundraising from charitable trusts, foundations and statutory bodies (experience with funding bids to Big Lottery/Heritage Lottery/EU/International would be an advantage)
- Demonstrable ability to write compelling proposals and funding reports which deliver results
- Experienced in confidently representing the organisation and its work to potential and existing funders
- Demonstrable negotiating and influencing skills
For any enquiries email email@example.com or telephone 01989 561574.
MCS is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England & Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
For more Marine Conservation jobs, see environmentjob.co.uk